Protecting Your Interests
When you are affected by a serious disaster like the Bastrop wildfires, you could be facing a host of unexpected costs related to repairing and rebuilding your home and property. Obtaining insurance benefits from your insurer can mean the difference between recovery and abandonment. However, sometimes insurance companies take advantage of homeowners’ situations and reject rightful applications for benefits. Fortunately, homeowners who have had their claims mishandled or wrongfully rejected may be able to pursue a resolution through legal action.
If you or someone you know has been affected by the Bastrop wildfires, contact the experienced Bastrop fire insurance claim attorneys of Williams Kherkher by calling 800-639-8460 today to discuss how our attorneys can help you recover insurance compensation.
How You Can Protect Yourself
Fighting the insurance company for benefits can be exhausting. By taking the following precautions, you may be able to protect your financial interests during the claims process:
- Know and document the exact damage done to your home and property.
- Document ruined property and belongings before you dispose of them.
- If you own a business, document business interruptions.
- Consult with your insurance company representative as soon as possible.
- Consult with an experienced legal representative about your insurance needs and expectations.
Adhering to these guidelines can help protect you and your family financially, and can help ensure that you offer an insurance company no excuse to deny your claim.
If you or someone you know has been negatively affected by the Bastrop wildfires, contact the experienced Bastrop fire insurance claim attorneys of Williams Kherkher at 800-639-8460 today.