5 Things Your Insurance Company Cannot Do
The Bastrop and Steiner Ranch wildfires recently destroyed over 1,500 homes and damaged many other buildings in and around Central Texas. To get the funds needed to make repairs or rebuild properties, most people will file claims with their insurance providers. Sadly, some companies may withhold the compensation that their customers deserve to serve their own interests. By better understanding your rights and the limits of insurance companies, you may be able to identify if you are being taken advantage of by a dishonest insurance company.
Insurance companies cannot:
- Deprive you of money in order to protect their own bottom line
- Deny your claim without conducting an investigation and evaluating the damage done, nor can they create intentional delays when conducting these investigations
- Knowingly underpay your claim, or hire appraisers or adjusters who will intentionally undervalue your property or damages when conducting an investigation
- Deny or delay a claim without specific reasons for doing so which are clearly stated in your insurance policy
- Cancel your insurance coverage altogether without specific reasons for doing so which are clearly stated in your insurance policy
At Williams Kherkher, we know that this time may be hard on you and your family and we are dedicated to helping you fight for the financial assistance you rightfully deserve. If you believe that you are being treated unfairly by your insurance company, contact our Central Texas wildfire claims attorneys today at 800-639-8460 to discuss your situation with a member of our legal team.